1967-72 Chevy Chevelle Hydro-Boost Power Brake Booster Kit - Disc/Drum
Generates 1000 to 1800 psi to the calipers and fits a 1.00" bore size master cylinder.
The Hydro-Boost is powered by hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump. It requires 'no vacuum'. This has several advantages. No external vacuum pump required on low vacuum high performance motors. No 'small bore' master required. Firewall and valve cover clearance is increased. Frame mounted clearance is increased.
The Hydro-Boost can be fitted any where a vacuum booster will fit. It can use stainless braided hoses or rubber type and brackets are available for most applications.
The Hydro Boost uses fluid pressure from the existing power steering pump. The average power steering pump puts out from 800psi to 1400psi. The Hydro-Boost® uses this pressure that is always circulating through it, to convert to pressure to apply against the master cylinder. The output of the Hydro-Boost is affected by three factors.
1. The pedal ratio. We prefer that the pedal ratio be between 4:1 to 6:1.
2. The pressure output from the pump.
3. The master cylinder bore diameter. These are factors necessary to design the system that will work for a given application.
It is imperative that the system be clean. Any residual metallic sediment laying in an old pump or steering box, will be floated up and through the system when the fluid comes through on start up. If any of this sediment lodges in the relief valve of the pump, there will be no pressure from the pump. This will result in hard steering and no power brakes. A filter or a new system is required to maintain any warranty.
- GM Corvette Style Master Cylinder
- Firewall Mounting Brackets
- Proportioning Valve
- Prop Valve Lines and Bracket
- Stainless Steel Hose Kit
- All Necessary Fittings for Installation